Friday, April 01, 2005

Joshua Joshua Joshua....

Josh is excited. He's getting into the gifted program at school and is very anxious to get started. I know 7-year olds ask hard questions but last night I was stumped. He wanted to know how there could be white people and black people when originally there were just 2 people, Adam and Eve. Frankly I don't know how he even knows about Adam & Eve, since he's not in religious school yet & he goes to public school. It's not like it's a frequent topic of discussion around here. So I gave him some complicated answer about how people in Africa had to develop dark skin to protect against the sun. It was totally inadequate, which is probably why he dropped the subject. Also he jumped in bed with us last night and said "Ouch! I hit my g-r-o-i-n!" He spelled it out for some reason. How does he know what a groin is?? He also spelled h-e-c-k because he thought it was a bad word, he said, "like f-u-c-k". How does he know the F word??? Could it possibly be his big brothers? Well duh.....
Ahhh that reminds me of the time when Sam was about 3 and there we were, driving along when some bonehead cut me off in traffic. Having recently decided that it was inappropriate to utter obscenities in the presence of tender ears, I merely gave an exasperated sigh, when a little voice piped up from his car seat behind me, "Mom, is that guy an asshole?" Trying hard to suppress my laughter, I responded "No honey, he's just a bad driver." But I swear I have never in my life used the F word around my babies!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home