Friday, March 04, 2005

Writing Class Day #3

I'm really enjoying this writing class. So it's only at the community college, so what? My objective was to write on a regular basis, and even though this is a memoirs focused class, I can write creatively about my life. Every week we have a topic to write about and it's fun and interesting to hear what other people have to say. Seems like the majority of people in the class went to Catholic school and that's always good fodder for storytelling. Cruel nuns, questionable priests, diocese control over where people sent their kids to school. Some people's parents actually had to get permission from their bishop if they wanted to send their kids to public school. Some people's priests told them they had to choose different names for their babies because they had to use saint's names. Weird. I guess it's kind of surprising we have no "Mary" in our family (although there is a "Marie" and a "Maria".) Next topic: Write about a childhood friend. Easy! My friend Kim whose mother was paralyzed with MS and living at home. Wonder where Kim is now? Haven't seen her since the 70s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home