Monday, February 14, 2005

Blogging vs. TIVO

Di asks why am I comfortable with blogging but not TIVO? My objection to TIVO is the whole tracking of what I'm watching. I know, I know, I'm already tracked with credit cards, etc., but I don't like the idea of paying a monthly fee so someone can monitor me. I'm sure I'd like TIVO...almost bought it 2 years ago until I realized how it works. So not getting it is my tiny protest. But why do I like to blog if I don't want people watching me? Blogging is supposed to help with the "writing process" whatever that means. Seems to. Also I like communicating my ideas to whoever wants to listen. You make amazing connections with people. Also I need to vent and it helps me do that. Sometimes my adoring husband doesn't want to listen to my ranting and raving (who can blame him??) In the not so distant future all our movements will be monitored, I have little doubt of that, but do I have to pay for the privilege?
Oh on writing...I submitted pieces to 2 different places, the first time I've ever done that. I don't count the few articles on legal topics I've had published (way back in the day, as Sam likes to say). I figure what the hell and prepare myself for rejection. It's all part of moving forward with this thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May as well give in, they're monitoring you on the net already anyhow! ;-)

February 16, 2005 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home