Friday, August 08, 2008

Another Busy Day Ahead

It's 8:15 a.m. and another busy day looms. Not that any of this stuff is critical but it's all got to be done. Sticking with the program, I will first ride my bike to the gym...it's another beautiful day here in the Burgh, and we are blessed with so few of them per annum I have to get out there and soak it up. Although thinking about a part-time job at our school library, I suspect they won't pay enough to make it worth the effort, however nice to make a little dent in the tuition bill of Son #1.

And speaking of Son #1, he just got home last night and announced he's going to North Carolina on Saturday to help a friend pick up a car. He is only home for 5 days to begin with and I'm playing the woeful mother. Why do you have to go? Why can't you stay home? I miss you. I have things for you to do. I want to look at you! I must sound like such a nag. I'm sure it's dull for him around here now...as Dad always says, how can you keep 'em down on the farm after they've seen Paree? Thus the conundrum of successful parenting. You spend 18 years loving them, teaching them, pointing them in the right direction, showing them how to be independent. Then, the nerve! they go off and lead their own lives, just as you've always wanted and expected them to do. And here I sit, blogging away about how I just want him home. But go he must, and go he will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home