Saturday, July 19, 2008

Is Blogging Writing?

I know at the beginning of summer I said I promised to write something every day, and I've done that here with the blog. I don't know if I've created a new habit or not, but I'm not working on anything serious, or at least not as much as I'd like. I guess the few minutes I spend blogging about nothing (such as now) doesn't really keep me from finishing other projects, but it does have the effect of mitigating any guilt I might feel about not writing anything at all.

So now I'm announcing a new habit (besides showing up here at ioolie every day.) I'm going to work on something serious every day. Even if it's just for a few minutes, reading through a paragraph of the book or whatever it is that I'm trying to finish. Every day from now until....well, until always, unless I have a really good excuse. "I'm tired" does not count as an acceptable excuse. Maybe I'll give myself off one day a week. Sundays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home