Thursday, August 07, 2008

Just a Quickie

Just a quickie today...too many things going on. I'd like to report that I've reached some kind of milestone physically (and I'm not still talking about those gray hairs). I've been riding my bike to the health club two or three times a week since June, with the dual goals of reducing my fuel bill and improving my cardiovascular fitness. It's only about 1 1/2 miles each way, but there are hills. I can always get there without stopping, but the hill on the way back...well let's just say gravity usually has its way with me and I end up walking the bike up the last quarter of it. Plus once I've ridden to the club and worked out for an hour, I'm usually too tired to care that much.

But today! Josh rode with me, and after my workout class, I said "You know, I feel pretty good today. I think I'm going to make it up that hill." He looked at me with all the skepticism of an 11-year old who's seen his mother walk her bike up the hill on more than one occasion. Actually on every occasion, since I had never actually made it up that hill. He said "I doubt it." But today! I am Lance Armstrong, I am Greg LeMonde, I am...oh those are the only two cyclists I know, but you get the picture. I went into the tiniest little gear on my 25-year old Raleigh that I bought back in law school and I went right up, and actually had to stop later on to wait for Josh to catch up. What can I say, I rule!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home