Friday, May 20, 2005

Of Well-Being and Bathing Suits

If you read my blog you'll know I'm generally a pretty happy person and there isn't a whole lot about my life I'd change. I contemplate life at 45 and think what could be better than this? I discovered the answer to this question today when I went to Marshalls and tried on bathing suits. I have one word for this experience: Horrors!! I'm 5'4" & weigh 120...and I'm lumpy!! I tried on 10 bathing suits and the only thing I ended up purchasing was a cover-up for the beach. I read recently that the average American woman is 5'4" and weighs 150....so what are THEY doing about this beachwear problem? Maybe they revel in their copious girths but I'd rather be svelte than zaftig. It appears that I need to add something aerobic to my exercise regimen, which at present consists mainly of lifting weights for an hour three times a week. Should I ride my bike? Take up spinning? Ride my bike to the gym and spin when I get there? I wonder if I never had kids if I would have retained my formerly girlish figure. Not that I would trade kids for a younger body (or would I???) No of course not. The kids keep my brain young, even if they have the opposite effect on my physique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home