Sunday, September 12, 2004

Young Dubliners & stuff

After a busy day running around with the boys....Sam left at 6 a.m. for a cross country meet so I felt compelled to get up at 5:30 (on a Saturday???) and make him breakfast (what a good and devoted mother I am); got boys 2, 3 & 4 up so we could go to breakfast at 8:30 since they were closing our roads at 9 for a 5K race & we wouldn't be able to get out; after breakfast took Josh to his soccer game while Jon took Phil to his soccer game; took Noah to a bar mitzvah; returned to watch the 1/2 of Josh's game that I didn't miss; took Josh home for an hour; picked up Sam after his meet, picked up Noah from temple & finally got home around 1:30. So to treat ourselves Jon & I went out last night to see the Young Dubliners at the Irish Festival. They were really good & it was fun. My friend Beth is related by marriage to someone in the band so we met them all & bought a CD & they all signed it. I listened to it today & it is good so I'm happy. After the festival we tried to find a place to get some food but everyplace had a long wait....so being the dull suburbanites that we sometimes can be, we returned home & I had a lovely glass of port, watched a little TV & went to bed. Not a thrilling Sat. night but hey, we tried!!
Today I went computer shopping with Noah & Sam. Best Buy overpriced but we got some info & will probably get a Dell with the same specs. It's so quiet here now. Sam is at a picnic & the other boys must be at the playground because they are certainly not here. I guess Jon told them to get their tuchases outside because it's a beautiful day. Unlike the Caymans where hurricane Ivan is unleashing its wrath. That reminds me....I want to see if we can find a cheap flight to the Caymans for when the boys have a long weekend in Nov. We have lots of frequent flier miles & we haven't been there in a few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home