Friday, September 10, 2004

Get Stuff Done

It's hard to get stuff done. One of my projects is to make cushions for the new patio furniture. I could not bring myself to spend 80 bucks on the cushions (per cushion!!) they wanted to sell me. I'm not great at the sewing machine but how hard can it be to sew some fabric in a square shape. Silly me. I've been looking at patterns & fabric....the stuff is $25 a yard and up! After spending all this time at the local big box fabric store (after checking Wal Mart) I found an OK pattern ($7--KA CHING!!) & wrote the name & number of the fabric in my trusty palm pilot, which I cannot live without by the way. I googled & found what I want for 1/2 price & free shipping. OK now we're getting somewhere. I figure by the time I get the foam for the inside & all the incidentals, I'll probably be close to $80 but I'll have all the cushions I need and I'll have learned something (stay away from delusions of sewing??) Let's see, if I was practicing law (like my husband wants me to) I could probably make upwards of $1000 in the time it will take me to complete this project. But it's not about the money, I say!! Must have an outlet for my creative impulses! Maybe this will give me a story idea. Oh yeah, I should be working on my short stories. Here I go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, I tried to post a comment here last evening, but apparenly cyber stuff continues to baffle one who's introduction to hi-tek was a wind-up Victrola in my "growing years". Ask your mother about it.

Your writing is warm and direct. You and I, and son Chris, apparently inherited some of the good stuff from Mom (your grandma'). I look foward to reading more, and of course to seeing you, Jon and the family in August. Ciao. Uncle Gene

March 12, 2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger calabresewoman said...

Good to hear from you Gene! I've been reading some of Gramma's stuff & a few of her letters. It's like talking to her. I forgot how much she used to ponder everything. Looking forward to seeing everyone in August!

March 13, 2005 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home