Monday, September 06, 2004

Labor Day 2004

I guess today is the official end of summer. The pool closes today. The kids' work in school starts in earnest tomorrow. Lots of meetings this week for curriculum review, etc. Hebrew school starts. Soccer season, practices & games start. I'll be running around like mad but since I've become a free woman (no kids at home during the day!) I can handle it. Last year was very stressful. I felt like I got nothing done. We spent yesterday with my parents & a few cousins/siblings. Nice and uneventful. I suggested to Dad that I help him with his memoirs now that he is finally retiring at the age of 80. I think he's a little self-conscious about it & asked me what I thought about using a video camera or dictating using voice recognition software. I don't think he has the patience for the voice recognition thing but the camera is a great idea. Maybe I'll get him one for Xmas & set it up for him. I can color the record button bright green so he knows what to push, and I can set it up on a tripod. He's a treasure. We talked about Matilda, his sister who is 91. She's supposed to move to an assisted living facility next month from Myrtle Beach but is afraid to ship her stuff north, and afraid to leave anything behind. Meanwhile her husband is no help at all, he's a pain in the neck and very frail. He's obsessed with the stock market, even though at his age it's pretty irrelevant. No one thought he'd live this long with all his ailments. I wish Matilda would hurry up & move here so we can spend some time with her. She needs some outside stimulation...intelligent conversation. Love!!! I think I'll call her now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home