Saturday, July 12, 2008

How Does My Writing Compare?

I'm left wondering after this writing class I took at Chautauqua how my writing compares with other people's writing. I have to confess to a certain snobby feeling that most people can barely string two sentences together, including a large number of people who manage to get their work published. Which of course makes me feel somewhat superior.

There were 13 writers in this class, plus the teacher. She was pretty great, I have to say. Diana Hume George. I googled her and read one of her essays and found it superb. And the others in the class? I like to think I'm somewhere in the middle but it is difficult to be objective.

I'm going to forget about them and concentrate on my book. I'm happy with it at this moment, and I have a lot of time in the next two weeks to work on it. The reminder in outlook that keeps popping up every day telling me to write something, anything! is proving helpful. Maybe I'll create a prompt to move me toward the book instead of toward the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home