Saturday, July 05, 2008

I'm at Chautauqua

No time to be here today but here I am anyway, barely making it under the wire at 11:20 p.m. We find ourselves ensconced in a cozy second floor bedroom of a house dubbed Ferncliff, located on the lovely grounds of the venerable Chautauqua Institution. My brother and his wife invited us to stay with them for Week 3, a/k/a Writers Week, a very generous offer we could not refuse.

For the upcomong week, I'm taking a daily class on memoir writing. I'm afraid it will be full of experienced accomplished writers who have actually published their work to great critical acclaim. Would that be good or bad? Good...I'll learn something. And bad.....I'll be intimidated.

I'll also attend the daily writers talk...Joyce Carol Oates, Garry Trudeau, Amy Tan and E.L. Doctorow are the speakers. Also a poet whose name, I'm embarrassed to say, escapes me.

They also offer a "Yoga for Writers" class. Not sure what that's about or if I can squeeze it in but if I can check it out I will.

For the moment, however, I am enjoying being reunited with sons #3 & 4, who we picked up from camp on the way up here. My joy is back, and snuggling at this moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home