Friday, July 11, 2008

Fell Off the Blogger Wagon

Ooops...I did not manage to get here yesterday, for the first time since May 30! I did think about it, around 11:00 as I was getting into bed, but I was just too tired. Also I did write yesterday for my Writing Family History Class. We had to do a "free-write" about a family myth. Mine was easy. Maybe I'll post it later.

This has been a great week here at Chautauqua. An idyllic place, a lively cultural scene. We've heard talks by Joyce Carol Oates, Amy Tan, E.L. Doctorow, Billy Collins and Jeffrey Toobin. Today we'll hear Garry Trudeau. Wish we could stay and hear Jane Pauley tomorrow but alas, it will be time for check-out. I'll try to get the podcast. Also this writing class has been interesting for me. Out of the thirteen people in the class, I think my writing stands up in the better half, but maybe I'm just an egomaniac. Doesn't matter. I'm going to continue with it, although my goal at this point is more to finish my underground railroad book than to write a family history.

The teacher did give me some good ideas though. She said I should get a good tape recorder and sit down with various family members to get their recollections of various family events. I think I can do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home