Thursday, July 03, 2008

Mended Wings Blog

I should never complain. Look at http://lesliekamm.blogspot.com, entitled "Mended Wings", where the author writes about caring for her son, who is the ICU of a hospital in Texas after being severely wounded in Afghanistan.

Here is an excerpt from something she wrote in June:

"Kevin was in a NATO convoy driving through the city of Jalalabad in Afghanistan on May 31. A suicide bomber filled a vehicle with explosives and drove it into my son's Humvee. I do know that there were 4 people in the Humvee. Both my son and his battle buddy survived the blast - the other two did not. Kev was pulled from the wreckage and rushed to a hospital in J-bad. He has since been flown back to Germany and is now on this way to San Antonio, TX to a
military burn unit."


So I'm going to put all my little problems in a box and stick it in some dark corner of my head, where they will receive only the minutest of attention. Kevin is a hero, and so is his mother, and we all owe them our gratitude for their enormous sacrifice for all of our benefit. My sons may never have to see war because of people like Kevin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home