Monday, August 31, 2009

Bellevue

So I've been working on this story with the idea of submitting it to the Bellevue Literary Review. That is aiming high, I know, but if I could get published there, god I would be happy. So the story is actually looking pretty good, so I just checked the website for submission guidelines. Lo, to my great dismay, there is a message stating they are not accepting submissions at this time due to a tremendous backlog. All those other writers who were obviously being more prolific, not to mention dedicated, than yours truly, in getting their stuff out there have beat me to the punch.

Woe is me.

But that's just silly. There are any number of other literary publications that I can pursue. It's a roadblock. A small one. I have to admit though that I sometimes find the small roadblocks the most difficult to surmount. Frustrating. But I'll keep working on the story, and looking for other avenues of publication, and checking back at the website to see if the hiatus is lifted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home