Saturday, August 29, 2009

Trying to Write

I'm trying to write. I'm rusty, and who's fault is that? Mine, I admit it. But I did a little today and I'm trying to get some momentum going. It's like I have to recalibrate my brain to move forward. My brain is like the tin man in the wizard of oz...does anyone have an oil can I can borrow? I'm tempted to find another writing class, online or in person, but I'm afraid that will be nothing more than procrastination to finish what I've started. I will keep at it. I'll try to get here every day, even if just to post this kind of nonsense. Keep the fingers working, keep the writing muscles moving. What was it Annie Lamott said about shitty first drafts? I'll just think of these boring inane posts as shitty first drafts...eventually something good will happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home