Friday, August 28, 2009

It's 2:46 and I haven't written anything today

It's 2:46 and I haven't written anything today...until now. I'm guilting myself into this posting, just showing up, nothing more. What have I been doing between 6:00 a.m. & now? Breakfast...I did spend an inordinate amount of time reading the Wall Street Journal, which we are having delivered to our house on a trial subscription. I love that publication. Great writing, great editorials, full of rational common sense and truth. On Fridays I love the Weekend Journal, which hubby and I refer to affectionately as The Weekender. I love to read what mogul bought which property, I love Joe Morgenstern's movie reviews (although he was missing today...I was stuck reading whoever is subbing for him), I love the editorial page. So yes, that took an hour out of my day.

I went to my exercise class, which keeps me strong and clear-minded. I can't miss that. The club is changing ownership this weekend so there was much speculation among the ladies about what changes are coming. That took an hour or so.

Shopping. Not clothes shopping or browsing shopping...food shopping. Let's face, we do need to eat. Also had to get a gift for my son's friend who is having a birthday party tonight. It was pouring rain & I got soaked running from point A to point B. That took an hour plus.

I'm rationalizing. I should have been way more productive today on the writing front.

Oh and I made brownies. Not for me. They're for my son's friend's mother, who is having my son over 2 hours before the birthday party for her son so I can take my other son to a tennis tournament. Got that? Don't try to figure it out...the brownies are to say thanks for doing me a favor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home