Thursday, June 26, 2008

What Did I Do Today?

I am still here, writing little nothings every day. But it is getting depressing because I'm not coming up with anything remotely interesting, let alone literary. So I'm just showing up, waiting for the muse to amuse me.

What did I do all day that caused me not to sit and cogitate and write? Let's see. First problem, didn't sleep last night. Storms. You know how I feel about those. So I was behind the eight ball from the moment of rising. Did go to yoga. Plenty of shopping for groceries and getting kids stuff for camp. Cooking. God I did nothing interesting today.

I can comment on two movies we saw this week. First, Lust Caution, directed by Ang Lee. Well what can I say. If Ang Lee is involved it has to be brilliant. Depressing, yes. Also illuminated for me how much I don't know about history (Japanese occupation of China.) Lots of graphic sex. My husband tells me we rented the R rated version. Apparently there's an unrated version that is more....I could guess but it's hard to imagine any more sex than we saw in this one.

Second, Across the Universe, directed by Julie Taymor. Parts were a little strange. Overall I liked, didn't love it. But the music! I loved the arrangements. I may splurge and buy the soundtrack. And Evan Rachel Wood is a really wonderful actress. (Superlative in Thirteen.) Not familiar with the other lead, Jim Sturgess, but loved him in this. So go rent it. The earth might not move but it is enjoyable. Or listen with your eyes closed.

Obviously the muse is stil AWOL. But I'll keep checking in just in case he/she/it makes an appearance.

P.S. Husband just walked by the room singing "Nothing's gonna change my world..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home