Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Places I Want to Go

Here are some places I want to go:

Portugal. I am going there in October so I can shortly cross that one off my list.

Hawaii. I've heard it's beyond beautiful. One of those places that lives up to all the hype.

Banff. I love the name. Banff. How can anyone not want to see a place called Banff?

Lake Louise. It's near Banff, I think. Who was Louise? I want someone to name a lake after me. Lake Juliet. I think Lake Juliet would attract a lot of interest.

Istanbul. It used to be called Constantinople. Again, the name attracts me. Of course all that byzantine architecture is also appealing.

The Great Wall of China. I saw a picture of someone playing his cello on the Great Wall of China. Talk about cool music venues.

Australia. I love the Australian accent. And people from Australia are somewhat beautiful. I want to see Perth. I want to know what kind of people want to live on the other side of a country.

New Zealand. It sounds green and welcoming. Plus there are sheep.

Grand Tetons & Jackson Hole. A friend from college spent a summer in Jackson Hole and said everyone ate magic mushrooms. Interesting. Although I've heard the scenery is so spectacular you don't need magic mushrooms to appreciate it.

Crater Lake. Yes, I admit I've already been there, but there is a lovely lodge right on the lake, overlooking it, in fact, that I must sleep in. When I visited we stayed in a cabin 7 miles away. I want to be in situ.

Fjiords. Norway or Sweden, I don't care which.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home