Friday, May 30, 2008

Inertia in May

Today it’s not so easy. Inertia weighs me down. I can’t blame the weather. It’s a relatively perfect spring afternoon, the skies are blue, the garden is popping with all sorts of greenery, though my azaleas have never looked worse. I have one scrawny one that’s glowing with bright pink blossoms, and one old one that’s giving it the old college try but has managed only a single flower. The others are mostly sticks, with a few sprouting leaves near the bottom. Two are absolutely dead as doornails. I'm ignoring them.

And here I sit, indoors. The windows aren’t even open. The outside world is screaming at me, “Get out here you lazy slug! Don’t you know it’s going to rain tomorrow? Enjoy it while it’s hot!”

If I might venture a guess, I’d say the fact that it’s Friday just has me plain tired. I’m kind of stuck between the busy week and the approaching weekend. I need coffee but when I went to pour a cup from this morning’s pot, it was bone dry. Bummer. Wait. I did buy some New Guinea whole beans from Costco yesterday. I think I’ll rally now, find the coffee grinder, and inject some java directly into my veins.

There is a bright side to my doldrums. Sam is coming home tonight for the weekend, and he casts a bright light wherever he goes. That should wake me up. Plus, I’m here blogging away about nothing relevant but I’m still batting a thousand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home