Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hineni! or, Here I Am

I'm kind of liking this obligation I've imposed on myself, to write something every day in this so-called summer journal. I feel like I've made myself accountable somehow, and the productivity is flowing. It's day 3 and here I am! Or, Hineni! you could say. "Hineni" is what Abraham replied when God called him in Genesis Chapter 22: "He said to him, 'Abraham,' and he answered 'Here I am.'" I believe the hebrew spelling is Hay-Nun-Final Nun. You know, I just googled that and there is actually a website called hineni.org. How obscure.

Anyway, today I've already been to my exercise class, dealt with the insurance company over Noah's fender bender (not his fault...some teenage girl hit him from behind in the school parking lot), scanned and emailed some photos to a photographer who's taking professional shots of Noah next week, paid some bills, AND worked on my article about the Sewickley Heights Borough Park. This is the first time I've ever called a person, a source, if you will, concerning an informational article I hope to see published in one of our venerable local papers. To you, gentle reader, this may be a minor mundane event, but to me it is a milestone.

I know this is short and perhaps somewhat lame, but it counts. I'm off to the middle school library for my weekly volunteer gig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home